For those of you who are considering going gluten-free to see if you are sensitive to it, or for those of you with confirmed gluten sensitivity, this recipe is for you! We want to show you how delicious non-gluten recipes can be and better yet this recipe is egg and dairy-free as well.
Chewy, Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
Adapted from Minimalist Baker blog to be GF/V
Yields: 15 cookies
- 1/4 c maple grade A syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk or other milk
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 c tahini or nut butter of choice
- 1 1/4 c old fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chunks or chips I like Lilly’s brand (they are vegan)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more for topping
- In a medium saucepan, melt the maple syrup, coconut oil, and milk of choice over medium heat.
- Once boiling, continue for one minute. Then turn off the heat.
- Add the tahini or nut butter of choice and stir until smooth.
- Next, add the oats, sea salt, vanilla, and dark chocolate chunks or chips. Stir until well blended.
- Using an ice cream scooper or just a large spoon, scoop out 2 Tbsp of dough and place on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the dough is used and you have 15 cookies.
- Sprinkle with more sea salt and let solidify and cool in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Once they are firm, they are ready to eat!Enjoy!